Monday, December 17, 2012

Ork Looted Land Raider



Hello Wargamer! Craig here from MiniGamePainter.  I wanted to bring out some old favorites I've done.  I'm starting with a custom battlewagon I did earlier in the year.  I ended up getting a GW battlewagon anyways, but this one is unique and fun.  I started with a land raider and added a killa kan look to the front of it.


I wanted the battlewagon to have an open top so that many a dakka can shot from it.  I had a hard time finding plastic that was usable and cheap.  I was able to take a few DVD cases and make it happen.  Next I was able to use some wood to make a professionally made ork fort.



I added some plastic and some damage on the sides to make it look more orky.  I used some blue pens for the exhaust pipes.  Many of the other weapons (ball, grapple, big shootas, etc..) can be added or removed.




After a lot of work on making everything look damaged I primed it and painted it.  Yes, I know that the flag is Khorne.  I got rid of it.



I really liked the wagon, but something was missing.  I wanted to add a deff rolla.  I took 1/2 inch PVC pipe and the small center plastic tubes from my dog's poop bags and made the rolla.  I magnetized it so I can use it whenever.  The rolla was too basic so I added spikes, blood, and whatever else would get hit.






Again, Something was missing and in hit me...  the rivets.  I was going to go buy a tool to make round rivets  but I really like the old school square ones.  I used a needle for both putting the glue on and the rivets   it took a good amount of time, but it makes the wagon much better.


I had a game the next day so I just did touch up paint around the rivets.  here is the final product.  I hope your enjoy it.

WAAAAAAAGH!!!!

Craig




No comments:

Post a Comment